From: public-tt-request@w3.org [mailto:public-tt-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of David Kirby
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 12:46 PM
To: public-tt@w3.org
Subject: Agenda for TT telecon on 16th

Here's the agenda for our telecon on Thursday. Items 3 & 4 are the main ones for this week but let me know if there are any other items to add.
David

Timed-Text WG - telecon agenda

Date: Thursday 16th October 2008
Time: 10:00am/eastern, 3:00pm/UK, 7:00am/pacific

1. Agree next meeting: Friday 24th October 10:00/Eastern, 3:00/UK ?

2. Review action items
      www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/open

3. SMILText and streaming

4. 708 translation

5. Implementations
     Updates from Geoff & Sean for the spreadsheet?

6. Test suite
     Any additions to test suite?
     Further detail on coverage (Philippe?)

7. Discussion items and errata
    a) metadata.
        Why do we need to allow more than 1?
        Should ttm:* elements be children of metadata, or can we get rid of metadata?
          Should desc be description?
          Volunteers to provide some examples of the metadata

          ttm:role - only one form of narration. Suggestion to expand this for use in audio description.

        b) timing.
                i) spec issue. default values for many parameters not specified by : xxx
               in particular default timing semantics for region, p and span are not defined.

             ii) spec issue. reference to SMIL should be S 10.4.1 not 10.3.1

             iii) duration has error in spec (<digit>+)
duration>
  : <digit> ( "." <digit>+ )? metric
metric
  : "s"                 // seconds
  | "ms"                // milliseconds
  | "f"                 // frames
  | "t"                 // ticks

                iv) can we make secifying dur and end a validity violation?

        c) style

                i) bidi-override is defined identically to direction - surely we only need one.

                ii) CEA 708 can specify region borders, but we can't.
                iii) should display apply to region? - cf. Geoff input.

                iv) no example for display align center.
                v) no example for wrapOption = wrap.

                vi) overflow scroll is probably unecessary as it implies an interaction model.

                vii) lineheight perhaps should apply to div or region.
9. AOB