From: public-tt-request@w3.org [mailto:public-tt-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Sean Hayes
Sent: 10 December 2008 10:35
To: Glenn A. Adams; Public TTWG List
Subject: RE: spec question - extent

Again, this is not a case where I have a problem with the underlying requirement, which I get; but the way it is expressed, which seems designed to confuse.

Having body set constraints on effectively its grandparent , which constrain its parent region, and thus its own layout seems at best odd, and at worst a circular definition.

I don't recall the time when extent was defined on tt, but that would seem a better option, and in fact . 9.3.2 is still defined as if that was where it was; so I support its move back there rather than change 9.3.2..

If I was one of those arguing for its move to body, then I clearly didn't understand the synchronic flow processing algorithm at the time,

Sean Hayes
Media Accessibility Strategist
Accessibility Business Unit
Microsoft