Re: spec question - extent

I donıt see as unusual or illogical at all. If I want to design a particular
layout for regions, then I have to make certain assumptions about the
coordinate space in which those regions are placed, which is precisely the
intent of tts:extent on body. If you recall, we had earlier placed this
property on <tt:tt/> rather than <tt:body/>, but some commenters felt
strongly it should be on the latter, so we moved it. I was opposed to that
change, however, so I would not mind moving it back to the way we had it.
For me, tts:extent on body is similar to specifying width and height
properties on an <svg/> element in SVG. Similarly, it would be best to
express this on <tt/>.