RE: Timed Text Authoring Format - Distribution Format Exchange Pr ofile (DFXP) Streaming

Sean,

It's not that I didn't read it.....I interpreted the spec incorrectly. When
I saw Meta.class in the XML representation I interpreted that as meaning
that the element could take attributes from the metadata attribute
vocabulary.

Having just re-read the spec I am now even more unsure as to why you can
include any attributes from the TT:Metadata namespace within most content
elements and also be able to include multiple meta elements? Would it not be
clearer just to allow metadata only in meta elements? or only as attributes
within elements? NOT both?

Actually I'd suggest that the spec may be clear to the authors - but perhaps
not so clear to the rest of us mortals :-)

Sometimes you need to state things in 'real world' terms - and in the right
places.

Remember - most implementors will not be schema gurus - or even XML
lawyers.......

I have the benefit of having been involved in some of the discussions, and
of having an idea of some of the ambitions of the WG.
BUT most of the implementors will give the spec a cursory glance and then
implement based on any sample file using DFXP they can find....
You'll be lucky if they even look at the XSD IMO.

IMO If some part of the XSD is qualified by normative text outside of that
XSD - there should **at least** be a comment within the XSD to that effect.

John