RE: TT and subtitling/captioning - temporal flow of content

Well described, thanks.  I'm curious what happens when the read-interval
plus the add-interval exceed the desired duration of a subtitle, e.g., two
people are talking and the first one says three lines of text very quickly,
in say 3 seconds, followed immediatly by person 2 saying something.  If the
add-interval is .5seconds and the read-interval is 4 seconds, then the
display of subsequent subtitle(s) will (a) fall behind by 1.5 seconds, or
(b) be cut off.

Thanks,

         - Erik