Re: Supporting TPE on sites/subdomains where a user does not have control of the server (ISSUE 15, ISSUE 10)

Hi Folks,

as far as I know, the current solution works as follows (and requires a
collaboration between wordpress and hosted page):

- Wordpress publishes a range of tracking status resources under a range
of IDs

    - ID1 = potential behavior 1 by Aleecia

    - ID2 = potential behavior 2 by Matthias

This makes the total range of policies discoverable at one location.

A hosted page then either

(a) works with Wordpress to ensure that its Tk: header includes the right ID

or (new: b) would include an http-equiv that contains this header that
points to the correct ID.

If (a) and (b) would be used in parallel, my understanding is that the
header should override the http-equiv (but I do not have a strong
opinion here).

IMHO this would work. Note that one cannot solve the problem that a
hoster (wordpress) sets bogus policies for all content. After all he
controls the server and the page owner is fully under control of the
hoster. As a consequence, there is no way to prevent such behavior.

Regards,

 matthias