RE: Call on Monday

I am only saying that these are legal issue and best left up to the DPAs. 10.1 is unnecessary in the TPE and will only annoy people IMO.

From: Shane M Wiley [mailto:wileys@oath.com]
Sent: 21 August 2017 15:41
To: Mike O'Neill <michael.oneill@baycloud.com>
Cc: Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) <mts-std@schunter.org>; public-tracking@w3.org
Subject: Re: Call on Monday

Mike,

I disagree and this has always been the mainstay of the working group since very early on in the discussion.  The law can override the technical discussion but we've always felt a neutral starting point was more appropriate such that the user chooses from that position (you could argue in the US, which is more of an opt-out model, that we could start with DNT:0).  From a reading of the ePR draft, you could argue that neutral still works if the browser prompts the user on first use to make a decision.

- Shane