Re: Fwd: Monday Call

Hi Shane,

thanks a lot for the constructive proposal. It is nice to see the
discussion progressing.

Two technical remarks:

1. I believe that being able to query fine-grained data (e.g. what third
parties are allowed and what are not) could create a fingerprinting risk
(no two users would have the same fine-grained set enabled). What do
others think?

2. Do I remember correctly that we used to say that it is safer to debug
out-of-band? I think our approach was that once a third party obtains a
referrer (1st party) and a DNT;1 (at a significant frequency) it can
contact the first party to inquire what went wrong with a site-wide
exception.

Regards,

matthias