      From: Mike O'Neill <michael.oneill@baycloud.com>
 To: 'Shane M Wiley' <wileys@yahoo-inc.com>; 'Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation)' <mts-std@schunter.org>
Cc: public-tracking@w3.org
 Sent: Friday, April 28, 2017 12:17 PM
 Subject: RE: Fwd: Monday Call

#yiv5396836697 #yiv5396836697 -- _filtered #yiv5396836697 {panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;} _filtered #yiv5396836697 {font-family:Calibri;panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;} _filtered #yiv5396836697 {panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;}#yiv5396836697 #yiv5396836697 p.yiv5396836697MsoNormal, #yiv5396836697 li.yiv5396836697MsoNormal, #yiv5396836697 div.yiv5396836697MsoNormal {margin:0cm;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:12.0pt;}#yiv5396836697 a:link, #yiv5396836697 span.yiv5396836697MsoHyperlink {color:blue;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv5396836697 a:visited, #yiv5396836697 span.yiv5396836697MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv5396836697 p.yiv5396836697msonormal0, #yiv5396836697 li.yiv5396836697msonormal0, #yiv5396836697 div.yiv5396836697msonormal0 {margin-right:0cm;margin-left:0cm;font-size:12.0pt;}#yiv5396836697 span.yiv5396836697EmailStyle19 {color:windowtext;}#yiv5396836697 .yiv5396836697MsoChpDefault {font-size:10.0pt;} _filtered #yiv5396836697 {margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}#yiv5396836697 div.yiv5396836697WordSection1 {}#yiv5396836697 Hi Shane,   I suggested an API last year on the WICG that could meet some of your requirements for notification https://discourse.wicg.io/t/api-to-monitor-subresources/1723/23  I think all it would need would be a “wasBlocked” Boolean. I have added that below:  partial interface Navigator {    SubresourceNotification StartSubresourceNotification();    }    interface SubresourceNotification : EventTarget {    readonly attribute sequence Subresources;    }    interface Subresources {    readonly attribute DOMString domain;    readonly attribute DomString? parentDomain;    readonly attribute TrackingStatusObject? TSR;    readonly attribute boolean wasBlocked;    }  // Subresources is an array of Subresource objects indicating all the subresources requested since the last// SubresourceNotification event or call to StartSubresourceNotification.// Each Subresource object contains a string "domain" representing the domain name component of the// subresource URL, a nullable string "parentDomain" representing the domain name of the parent origin of// this subresource, a nullable object reference "TSR" resulting from parsing the JSON encoded// Tracking Status Resource https://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/drafts/tracking-dnt.html#status-resource// of the subresource, and a boolean "wasBlocked" indicating whether the subresource was blocked by the user agent for reasons other than being on a user configurable blacklist.  // "TSR" is null if a subresource does not have a Tracking Status Resource, or if it is not valid JSON.// "parentDomain" is null if the subresource is a child of the top level browsing context. // "wasBlocked" should only be set according to the user agents generic rules for protecting users' privacy, // i.e. it cannot be used to obtain specific information about the existence of user configurable content blocking.// This API notifies all subresources initiated by this browsing context,// including those embedded in child subresources.    From: Shane M Wiley [mailto:wileys@yahoo-inc.com]