Re: issue 23

No. Absolutely not.

You are making an assumption that user agents will be receiving
the TSR on a regular basis.  In almost all cases, that will not be true.
The TSR has no role in the consent dialog. The TSR isn't needed to protect
users.  Normal users don't need any response for tracking protection.
They just send DNT:1 and deal with consent dialogs when needed.

What the TSR supplies is information for regulators and for those who,
for whatever reason, have tracking visualization going on in an active state.
In other words, folks using a special extension that actively interferes
in the normal day-to-day interaction with web sites for the express
purpose of either reporting on site tracking, creating a whitelist, or
non-blacklist filtering of third-party requests.

TSR requests are unlikely to be a common case even if DNT is 100%
deployed and actively checked by every user. We have carefully designed
the protocol to enable caching of those responses for much longer
than a single session.

Server push was not designed to enhance caching!  What it does is reduce
latency for non-cached responses by anticipating some requests for which
a response is unlikely to be in the user agent cache.  For example,
sites that use generation-based identifiers can trigger a push when
the client requests a page without using a conditional GET matching
the current generation.  Also, server push enables user-specific

Server push would be a complete disaster if protocols were allowed
to require the sending of bits that the user agent does not need.
We'd rip it out of h2 if that ever becomes the case.

....Roy