RE: issue 23

From: Mike O'Neill <michael.oneill@baycloud.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2017 09:30:43 +0100
To: <public-tracking@w3.org>
This is something I realised when thinking about issue 23.

The new version of HTTP , HTTP/2 (RFC7540) has a feature called "Server
Push" https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7540#section-8.2

This lets servers pre-emptively send other resources when responding to a
request.

 "This can be  useful when the server knows the client will need to have
those responses available in order to fully process the response to the
original request".

Since the user agent may adjust behaviour based on the current Tracking
Status Resource we should recommend that servers use Server Push.

The following text could be added at the end of 6.4.4 Caching:

To ensure that user agents always have the most recent Tracking Status
Resource in their cache, servers SHOULD use the Server Push mechanism
defined in [RFC7540] whenever a state-changing request may have changed it.

Send a PUSH_PROMISE frame with a minimal request for the TSR, aligning with
the request generated in 3.4.2 Process response for Origin Policy.
Begin delivering the response to the PUSH_PROMISE request.