[call-in details] Re: Next WG Call: Wed, August 03, 9-10am Pacific; 12-1pm Eastern; 18-19h Germany - Topics included

On 07/22/2016 04:32 AM, Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>

> I evaluated the doodle.What I learned was
>  (a) We have approx 9 people who are still  active enough to fill out
> the doodle
>  (b) The slot with less conflicts is August 03.
>
> As a consequence, we will meet August 03 at 9-10 Pacific.

Here's call-in info, via webex:

TPWG
Wednesday, August 3, 2016
12:00 pm  |  Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)  |  1 hr

JOIN WEBEX MEETING
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m521df70cce5f0be9102f79950383e377
Meeting number: 647 974 978
Meeting password: [lowercase of the abbreviation used in the header
signal that can be 0, 1, or unset]

JOIN BY PHONE
+1-617-324-0000 US Toll Number
Access code: 647 974 978

CCP:+16173240000x647974978#
Mobile Auto Dial:+1-617-324-0000,,,647974978#

Add this meeting to your calendar (Cannot add from mobile devices):
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m0965768684982fdc705c5c6372727cbd

Can't join the meeting? Contact support here:
https://mit.webex.com/mit/mc

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This WebEx service includes a feature that allows
audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during
the session to be recorded. By joining this session, you automatically
consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording,
discuss your concerns with the meeting host prior to the start of the
recording or do not join the session. Please note that any such
recordings may be subject to discovery in the event of litigation.

> Based on the inputs I received on the list so far, my current position is:
> - Multiple people expressed a preference to continue. Reasons I heard were
>     - Wide use in browsers
>     - Potentially beneficial to implement EU regulations
>     - No harm in finalizing
> - This mainly supports finalizing the TPE. I have not seen any signs of
> implementations
>    of substantial portions of the compliance document.
>
> I would like to discuss:
> - Is there any harm in finalizing the TPE?
> - Are there substantial implementation or corresponding plans on the
> server side (TPE or compliance)
> - What are future support plans of the browsers
>
> Any other feedback is welcome, too!
>

> Regards,
> matthias
>

> Wendy: Could you set up a telco?

Policy Counsel and Domain Lead, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
https://wendy.seltzer.org/        +1.617.863.0613 (mobile)