RE: Next WG Call: Wed, August 03, 9-10am Pacific; 12-1pm Eastern; 18-19h Germany - Topics included

The European Data Protection Supervisor reviewing the ePrivacy Directive specifically refers (p. 16) to Do Not Track, and says "Adherence to accepted technical and policy compliance standards by all parties concerned, including the operators of the website, should become obligatory"

https://secure.edps.europa.eu/EDPSWEB/webdav/site/mySite/shared/Documents/Consultation/Opinions/2016/16-07-22_Opinion_ePrivacy_EN.pdf

- -----Original Message-----
From: Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) [mailto:mts-std@schunter.org]
Sent: 22 July 2016 09:33
To: public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org) <public-tracking@w3.org>
Subject: Next WG Call: Wed, August 03, 9-10am Pacific; 12-1pm Eastern; 18-19h Germany - Topics included

Hi Folks,

I evaluated the doodle.What I learned was
 (a) We have approx 9 people who are still  active enough to fill out
the doodle
 (b) The slot with less conflicts is August 03.

As a consequence, we will meet August 03 at 9-10 Pacific.

Based on the inputs I received on the list so far, my current position is:
- - Multiple people expressed a preference to continue. Reasons I heard were
    - Wide use in browsers
    - Potentially beneficial to implement EU regulations
    - No harm in finalizing
- - This mainly supports finalizing the TPE. I have not seen any signs of
implementations
   of substantial portions of the compliance document.

I would like to discuss:
- - Is there any harm in finalizing the TPE?
- - Are there substantial implementation or corresponding plans on the
server side (TPE or compliance)
- - What are future support plans of the browsers

Any other feedback is welcome, too!

Regards,
matthias

Wendy: Could you set up a telco?