      From: Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) <mts-std@schunter.org>
 To: "public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>
 Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2016 9:17 AM
 Subject: Draft letter to EU W3C Members - V03

Hi TPWG,

draft v03. (based on feedback by Jeff and Mike)

Feedback is welcome by today EoB! Tomorrow AM (EU time) I plan to submit
the email for distribution.

Regards,
matthias

-------------------------------
Subject: TPAC Session: Privacy compliance in the EU using W3C Tracking
Protection (early registration ends Sept 02)

Dear W3C Members,

the W3C Tracking Protection Working group (TPWG
https://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/) completed two W3C
"Candidate Recommendations" that allow users to express preferences
whether to constrain or allow web-tracking and web-sites to respond
("Tracking Preference Expression"; https://www.w3.org/TR/tracking-dnt/)
as well as guidance for web-sites on how to respect these preferences
("Tracking Compliance and Scope";
https://www.w3.org/TR/tracking-compliance/).

We believe that the emerging EU privacy regulations will impact cookie
handling and tracking. We also believe that our recommendations could
simplify compliance.

We invite you to join our breakout session at TPAC on Wednesday on
September 21 in Lisbon! Please register at
  https://www.w3.org/2016/09/TPAC/
  (early registration ends September 02!).

The benefits we offer to W3C members are:
    1. Learn how to implement the Tracking Protection recommendations.
    2. Share implementation experiences and ask questions
    3. Learn about and discuss (emerging) EU privacy regulations
    2. Provide feedback on the draft recommendations
    4. Discuss with us the future of the working group

Planned Agenda Items:
- Tutorial: EU Privacy Regulations
- Tutorial: Implementing TPWG
- Discussion: Implementers Forum
- Discussion: Feedback and Way Forward for TPWG

If you need any additional information, want to provide feedback, you
can email me at mts-std@schunter.org

Regards,
  Matthias Schunter, Intel Corp. (TPWG co-chair) on behalf of the W3C
Tracking Protection Working Group