RE: fyi: European Demand for DNT

I know of at least one company looking into implementing DNT right now, including using the API, and several others who will in the next year. I hope to be able to introduce at least one in the next few weeks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob van Eijk [mailto:rob@blaeu.com]
Sent: 23 August 2016 20:29
To: Carl Cargill <cargill@adobe.com>
Cc: Aleecia M. McDonald <aleecia@aleecia.com>; public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org) (public-tracking@w3.org) <public-tracking@w3.org>
Subject: RE: fyi: European Demand for DNT

A realistic outcome to work on are standard implementations. It should
be obvious and simple for companies to implement the standard. The
standard implementations should cover the whole range of realistic use
case, e.g. out-of-band consent, site specific consent scenario's, and
all the way up the stack to web wide opt-out scenario's.

Morover, we should - in my view - think through how we can improve the
building blocks in the TPE to help organizations that do not have access
to the web server configuration and are therefore not able to configure
the HTTP Header.

I will try to bring at least one big organization to the table that is
willing to explore implementation at scale.

Rob