Re: tracking data (was Re: [TCS] comments on 17 Feb 2015 editors draft)

I think everyone needs to look carefully at the message I wrote. Please comment specifically on the usage within the two specs, not your assumptions about what the phrase might mean.

Of the nine occurrences of that phrase, two are in TPE and are replaceable, four in TCS are contradicting the normative definition they are supposed to explain and will be removed, and the rest in TCS are redundant, IIRC.

There is no need to define a term that isn't used, so that seems to be the easiest way forward. There certainly is no justification to invent yet another definition of tracking that contradicts the one we already have.

Unfortunately, I just boarded a flight to DC and won't be able to attend a teleconference  tomorrow if we have one.

....Roy