Re: ISSUE-235 (Auditability requirement for security)

From: Walter van Holst <walter.van.holst@xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 18:30:43 +0100
To: public-tracking@w3.org
On 2014-11-19 18:12, Shane M Wiley wrote:
> Walter,
>
> The IAB guidelines are specific to a financial audit process and
> therefore are necessary by law and have very strict boundaries and
> well known and understood accounting quality measures.

They are the result of self-regulation, we've had this conversation
before in the group with IAB-people who were adamant about the mandatory
nature in the face of a complete absence of statute law that requires
it.

> Your approach
> is open ended and not tied to anything specific and therefore is
> unhelpful/useless.

To the contrary, it is much more limited to IAB's approach which demands
independent auditing. Mine requires that there is something to be
audited for an auditor, independent or not. That is pretty specific and
an exceedingly low burden.

Regards,

  Walter