RE: RE : ISSUE-262: guidance regarding server responses and timing

Shane,

If Ad-Exchange were processing data on behalf of the contracteeS (and I don’t think this is a minor change), it’ll mean that it is sharing data with all bidders on behalf of each individual bidder. So each bidder would be individually sharing the data with the other bidders and should respond “T” to the DNT request.

Vincent

De : Shane M Wiley [mailto:wileys@yahoo-inc.com]
Envoyé : lundi 3 novembre 2014 17:23
À : Walter van Holst; public-tracking@w3.org
Objet : Re: RE : ISSUE-262: guidance regarding server responses and timing

Walter,

An Exchange meets all of the tests of a Service Provider:

- processes the data on behalf of the contractee [True - in this case there are multiple contractees];

- ensures that the data is only retained, accessed, and used as directed
by the contractee [True - the data is only used in accordance with the contract.];

- has no independent right to use the data other than in a permanently
deidentified form (e.g., for monitoring service integrity, load
balancing, capacity planning, or billing) [True - Exchanges themselves hold no data for independent use (profiling users for example)]; and,

- has a contract in place with the contractee which is consistent with
the above limitations. [True - all of these elements are supported in the license agreement with each Exchange seat holder.]"

Shane Wiley
VP, Privacy & Data Governance
Yahoo