Re: Timeline for TPE Last Call and Update of Acknowledgements

Did HTML5 have as diverse a set of potential public commenters?  A more "complex" document for the audience to digest, but when a technical spec needs only be reviewed by technologists, 9 weeks seems reasonable. When a technical spec that contains lots of policy needs to be reviewed by so many different interest groups we should expect at least as much opportunity. Public interest groups, privacy advocates, government representatives, industry technologists, ad sales executives, legal, and policy reps to name but a few of the various interested parties. This calls for at least a 9 week review period based upon the history Ted has presented and I second that call.

Mike Zaneis
EVP & General Counsel, IAB
(202) 253-1466