From: Walter van Holst [mailto:walter.van.holst@xs4all.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 10:07 AM
To: public-tracking@w3.org
Subject: link shorteners etc.

On the wiki I have put the following proposal to deal with this issue:

Add the following sentence after the first sentence of the first party
definition:

Accessing a particular URI does not necessarily imply intent to interact with the URI-provider, especially when that URI-provider provides a transparent conduit to other parties' content, as would be the case for content delivery networks, link shorteners and similar service providers and third parties. In such cases the URI-provider is, from a user perspective, a non-obvious participant in the network interaction.

Regards,

  Walter