Re: Agenda for the Sept 18 call (V02)

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 13:18:57 +0200
To: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Cc: public-tracking@w3.org, "Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation)" <mts-std@schunter.org>
* Rigo Wenning wrote:
>> * Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) wrote:
>> >6. Review of initial comments received for further improving the working
>> >draft
>> >     Deadline for comments: September 20 (goal: publish a revised
>> >version on Sept 27)
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/News/2013#entry-9944 is dated "13 September 2013".
>> Do you recall where you have publically recorded the Working Group's
>> decision to publish these drafts?
>
>http://www.w3.org/mid/5229A4E9.8030001@schunter.org announces the
>publication of a new WD in detail if no objection by 10 September. We
>received no objection by 10 September, so Matthias told editors and team
>to proceed with the publication of a Working Draft.

Recording Working Group decisions is the primary function of a Working
Group Chair in the W3C and is as trivial as putting "RESOLVED: publish
EDs as WDs ASAP" into meeting minutes or sending a mail with that text
to the list. The message above doesn't record a Working Group decision.

The process here,

  * Fri, 06 Sep 2013: call for objections
  * Tue, 10 Sep 2013: make decision
  * Wed, 11 Sep 2013: weekly meeting

speaks for itself; I am just asking for the paper trail.