Re: Proposed California Law affecting DNT

Two thoughts,

1, it seems the language of the bill is a bit confused around who is doing
what, specifically it talks about the first party honoring the request to
not "track", with an added obligation to explicitly call out the special
circumstance where the website somehow enforces restrictions on third
parties (by technical or contractual means?!)

2, hey, it defines tracking! And the tracking seems to be defined as the
collection of PII such as name, email, or social security number
(specifically defined on page 3 line 19 forward).