Re: MIME media type for tracking status resource

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 00:58:46 +0100
To: Nicholas Doty <npdoty@w3.org>
Cc: <public-tracking@w3.org>
* Nicholas Doty wrote:
>Do we need to specify the MIME type for the tracking status resource?
>
>In doing sample implementations I'm assuming "application/json", which
>I think is correct given RFC 4627 [0]. I don't know if this is obvious
>to implementers, if there are plausible alternatives, or if it's worth
>specifying explicitly in the TPE spec.

If the Working Group defines some JSON-based format it certainly should
say which type to use. It is also likely that it will be told to define
a more specific type, say application/tracking-status+json, rather than
recommending use of application/json; if the Working Group doesn't want
to define such a type, I would recommend to include a rationale in the
corresponding specification.