Re: TPE Handling Out-of-Band Consent (including ISSUE-152)

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 08:42:15 +0100
To: public-tracking@w3.org
Cc: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, Justin Brookman <justin@cdt.org>
On Friday 22 March 2013 14:53:35 Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> I think Alex raised the issue early on and we simply neglected
> to design for it.

I remember that Shane said: If one believes to operate under OOB, just
signal that. The rest is determined by the OOB regime. This is the
design IMHO.

We are going into hybrid systems (DNT/OOB) here. And in a hybrid system,
Justin is right, we have to ask why we can't identify those with OOB or
why we don't use the DNT system in its entirety. My guess is, that we
are talking about a transition in technology and Ronan is concerned
about the liability during the transition (transition may take years).
There is no technology solution to transition :(

 --Rigo