Approach to ISSUE-167: Multiple site exception

From: Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) <mts-std@schunter.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 16:36:51 +0100
To: Shane Wiley <wileys@yahoo-inc.com>, Mike O'Neill <michael.oneill@baycloud.com>
CC: "public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>
ISSUE-167: Multiple site exceptions
http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/167

Hi Team (and in particular Shane and Mike),

I have re-read the minutes and it seems to be that the right approach
forward to ISSUE-167 (albeit not perfect)
is to leave the API as it is for final call and then understand the
implementation experiences.

We can then design a backward compatible way to add MultiSiteExceptions
later.
One challenge to overcome is that we need to ensure that the envisioned
method is secure, i.e., that one can only ask for exceptions for sites
that one owns/controls.

Formally, I suggest to document this and mark ISSUE-167 as POSTPONED.
Are you OK with this way forward?

Regards,
matthias