RE: ACTION-371: text defining de-identified data

From: Kevin Kiley <kevin.kiley@3pmobile.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 20:50:10 +0000
To: "public-tracking@w3.org" <public-tracking@w3.org>
CC: "rob@blaeu.com" <rob@blaeu.com>, Kevin Kiley <kevin.kiley@3pmobile.com>
>> Rob van Eijk wrote...
>> I would really want the unlinkability in there as well.

I think it is ALREADY there in what Dan has come up with, yes?

It ALREADY says 'or otherwise linked to...'

I took that to (already) mean that when you are done 'deleting'
and/or 'modifying' and/or 'aggregating' and/or 'anonymizing'
and/or 'otherwise manipulating' ALL of the data you are trying
to store/save... if there is any chance that any of the data
can still be 'linked to' a 'particular user, user agent, computer or device...

...then you haven't gotten the cows into the barn yet and the
data you are saving/storing cannot be considered 'de-identified'.

Kevin Kiley