RE: Batch closing of TPE related issues

Matthias,

The term we've used for the last 2 years has been OOBC.  OOBE is a new term and I'd rather stick with Consent in this case.

- Shane

From: Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) [mailto:mts-std@schunter.org]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 8:43 AM
To: Heffernan, Ronan
Cc: Nicholas Doty; Shane Wiley; Rob van Eijk; public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)
Subject: Re: Batch closing of TPE related issues

My mistake - terminology mixup. Let's keep the existing term OOBE
On 12/06/2013 12:13, Heffernan, Ronan wrote:
Matthias,

You reference OOBE (Out-of-Band Exception?), where we have usually discussed OOBC (Out-of-Band Consent).  Are these two distinct concepts?  There will be third-parties that cannot use the UGE API (especially if they are forbidden by the first party to send JavaScript to the UA), so they will have to be able to use OOBC with no attempt to create a UGE.

--ronan