RE: Using a standard cookie for opt-in exceptions (was: TPE sec 6.11 on clearing granted exceptions)

I believe many sites will implement the UGE construct BUT as Roy points out it will be dependent on individual web browser implementations.  If there is an unbalanced validation process introduced, I can see many sites avoiding UGE and instead relying on OOBC.

- Shane

From: John Simpson [mailto:john@consumerwatchdog.org]
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 2:04 PM
To: Roy T. Fielding
Cc: Nicholas Doty; Rigo Wenning; public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)
Subject: Re: Using a standard cookie for opt-in exceptions (was: TPE sec 6.11 on clearing granted exceptions)

On Apr 26, 2013, at 1:59 PM, "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com<mailto:fielding@gbiv.com>> wrote:

As a site implementor, I already know that we won't be implementing
the javascript exception APIs described in the current TPE.  They
are too complex, too dependent on browser behavior, and won't be
deployed correctly in the foreseeable future.  Hence, they are a
waste of time given the intended timeline for our work.

....Roy

So why are we doing them?