Re: Using a standard cookie for opt-in exceptions (was: TPE sec 6.11 on clearing granted exceptions)

Roy,

does that mean we would not need a DNT:0 signal anymore? In this case we
would have to adapt the protocol.

For the rest of your message, it is very interesting but more than I can
digest tonight after 2 days in London. I understood that your suggestion
would mean a change in protocol that would make work DNT with old
browsers.

for the ad-networks you need explicit/explicit so the browser can send
the allowance to selected auction companies who get a DNT:0 (or cookie)
that would allow tranistory permission for this auction. Because I don't
think you can solve the auction problem without transitory permissions.
But those would be under purpose limitation and without the possibility
of secondary use. I think we had that discussion in Washington.

 --Rigo