Re: ISSUE-161: Discussion of semantics and alternatives to "!"

We've been over this many times: adoption of the documents that we produce will trigger consumer protection law in many jurisdictions.  If TPE facilitates selective noncompliance or second-guessing DNT: 1, we'll undercut the enforceability of Do Not Track.

Here's my concrete counterproposal: we do not include a "!" or "D" signal.

Best,
Jonathan