Re: ACTION-255: Work on financial reporting text as alternative to legal requirements

On 9/26/12 1:50 PM, "Rigo Wenning" <rigo@w3.org> wrote:

>Alan,
>
>you create, by definition, a scenario that works only with extended
>tracking. This is turned into a use case that has to be fulfilled
>even in the presence of DNT:1. "that User" is revealing to that
>respect.

To be clear - this is not something I've created or imagined. It is a real
life scenario.

>Now if a legal entity promised to some authority that it will serve
>an ad to "that User",

I'm not saying the legal entity promised to serve an ad to a User. I'm
saying that the PCMCP required an advertiser to demonstrate that the User
wasn't located in the UK or face fines.