From: TOUBIANA, VINCENT (VINCENT) [mailto:Vincent.Toubiana@alcatel-lucent.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 3:32 AM
To: Shane Wiley; Rigo Wenning; public-tracking@w3.org
Cc: Aleecia M. McDonald
Subject: RE: ISSUE-45 ACTION-246: draft proposal regarding making a public compliance commitment

Shane,

I think Aleecia was referring referring to the discussion on the first day "How can we move on?" (http://www.w3.org/2012/06/20-dnt-minutes#item05). Discussion starts with "aleecia: We could have two standards that come out of this group. "

>From the minutes, it seems that you agreed that having multiple standards was worse that having none. Although there was not humming, from the following discussion it looks like everyone agreed on that and preferred to have several iterations of the "Compliance documents" rather than several standards competing at given time.

It's true that there is no mention of using the WKL to indicate which standard the server is supporting, but in my opinion this is more a technical solution to address an issue than an issue itself.

I hope this will help.

Vincent