Re: ISSUE-45 ACTION-246: draft proposal regarding making a public compliance commitment

Nobody has said that something is locked down! If you want to raise
your suggestion of an additional response header allowing for
several DNT or other regimes, please raise it as a new issue instead
of piggy bagging on ISSUE-45. I do not think the Group is refusing
that discussion and already substantially responded. Aleecia, as a
good Chair, pointed out that we have discussed that in Seattle. And
that she thought it was already decided.

Note also that everything in a Specification is provisional until
the Director has decided to move it forward. For the moment we do
not even have a Last Call Draft. This is nothing more than some
loose concept in terms of standardization. Nevertheless, I would
like to point you to the fact that W3C was created because Tim could
never finish an issue in the IETF because everybody could re-open at
any moment in time. Re-opening ad nausea doesn't work either. W3C
gives everybody sufficient space and time to voice their opinions.
But at some point W3C also moves forward. All is defined in the
Process document with appeals and helpers for decision making.

Rigo