Re: claim that Internet is being "radically changed" DNT

Jeff,

Generally speaking where $60+ billion is in play, terms like "radical" don't seem all that extreme.  Of course I come from a country with a 16 trillion dollar debt, so maybe 11 digit numbers really aren't that radical.  Alan would it be fair to ask you to please wait until there is 100 billion at play before we use the term "radical" to describe the potential impacts?  Driving towards consensus…

-Brooks

From: Jeffrey Chester <jeff@democraticmedia.org<mailto:jeff@democraticmedia.org>>
Date: Friday, September 7, 2012 4:54 PM
To: Alan Chapell <achapell@chapellassociates.com<mailto:achapell@chapellassociates.com>>
Cc: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org<mailto:rigo@w3.org>>, "public-tracking@w3.org<mailto:public-tracking@w3.org> (public-tracking@w3.org<mailto:public-tracking@w3.org>)" <public-tracking@w3.org<mailto:public-tracking@w3.org>>, Shane Wiley <wileys@yahoo-inc.com<mailto:wileys@yahoo-inc.com>>, Aleecia McDonald <aleecia@aleecia.com<mailto:aleecia@aleecia.com>>
Subject: Re: claim that Internet is being "radically changed" DNT

Alan:  The accusation that DNT is trying to "radically" change the Internet is such an absurd charge, it must be rebutted. I appreciate your loyalism to the online ad industry.  But finally addressing the long-standing failure to incorporate privacy in the business model should not, in any way, require radical change.  It does require transparency, candor, and respect for users.  These are qualities I assume responsible companies marketing online know are part of any sustainable business practice.

 I am very disturbed by the action of Adobe, which I find unfortunate.

Although Fall and cooler weather approach, it appears we are still having a long, hot, DNT summer!

Regards,

Jeff