From: Rob van Eijk [mailto:rob@blaeu.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 3:03 PM
To: Shane Wiley
Cc: public-tracking@w3.org
Subject: RE: ISSUE-45 ACTION-246: draft proposal regarding making a public compliance commitment

Hi Shane,

Tnx, CC is on the list now.

Creating a hook to DNT responses for EU users is a path worth exploring. But if it is enough to be off the hook remains to be seen.

On top of voluntary compliance spec more substance is needed to make a voluntary framework legally compliant in the EU. As you know there are big obstacles that devide our positions, such as and not limited to: Do not Collect versus Do not target, the issue of the initial setting and the prevention of dataflows with high entropie identifiers when it comes to ever growing list of permitted uses.

mvg::Rob

Shane Wiley schreef op 2012-09-05 23:27:
> Rob,
>
> Several dimensions here:
>
> 1.  You had shared (and we had agreed) that the current C&S document
> does NOT address EU compliance issues (in Seattle) 2.  You have
> publically conveyed key elements of the TPE that can be reused in the
> context of EU compliance (basically, ensuring we have all of the
> appropriate ingredients but we may follow a different recipe in the
> EU)

(...)