Re: Next f2f and charter issues

Thomas,

The workshop is the day after the busiest travel weekend in the US. Google
is basically shut down from Thursday-Sunday, as are many other companies in
the States. Many people are traveling, and although I'm sure a fair number
may be back on Monday, I suspect a number of other people are planning on
extending the four day weekend. Travel logistics aside, there's also the
"digging out from all the things that pile up over a long weekend".

Aside from timing, I personally was not clear what the workshop was meant
to discuss. It sounded originally like "What should W3C do next after DNT."
I recall someone asking in Amsterdam and it wasn't entirely clear what's
in/out of scope, though I do see "Directions for, and input to, the W3C
Tracking Protection Working Group's ongoing work on Do Not Track." I'm glad
that's being considered, but I'm not sure what the result of those
conversations amounts to if we don't have the majority of the WG present to
participate in those discussions.

At any rate, my input would be "The current model is not a shining beacon
of success. Let's see if we can get anything out that people agree adds
value and is likely to see wide adoption, which may not be everything we
originally hoped, and then if we can do that, let's re-visit whether this
was actually the right forum in the first place to be doing a)
non-technical work and b) design by committee as opposed to
standardization, before we sign up for more."

-Ian