Re: tracking-ISSUE-186 (Chapell): Ensure that browsers communicate DNT functionality accurately [Tracking Definitions and Compliance]

Shane - Thanks for the clarification. It seemed like the thread on
Action-212 had diverted a bit onto related issues, and I missed your
proposed language on Oct 31 (See below). My apologies.

[Proposed, New Text in Quotes " "]

Section 5.  User Agent Compliance

A user agent must offer a control to express a tracking preference to
third parties. The control must communicate the user's preference in
accordance with the [TRACKING-DNT] recommendation and otherwise comply
with that recommendation. A user agent must not express a tracking
preference for a user unless the user has given express and informed
consent to indicate a tracking preference.

"The User Agent MUST make available explanatory text to provide more
detailed information about DNT functionality within easy and direct access
for the particular environment prior to DNT being enabled."