Re: ISSUE-28: MRC presentation

On 11/2/12 3:50 PM, Alan Chapell wrote:
> I'm proposing that we evaluate the consequences of our actions, and
> you're saying there's no time for that – but there IS time to conduct
> a coloscopy on a group that has at best a minor impact on this group's
> work.

MRC guidelines were brought up as a ground for data collection and
retention and further questions were deflected towards MRC. It therefore
makes sense to aks MRC for clarification, per this suggestion of the
DAA. It also stands to reason, given the confusion of at least one
former MRC board member in this group about the MRC's own mandate, to
ask independent experts about the MRC's role and practices.

Your comparison with a colonoscopy is baffling and not constructive,
unless you are suggesting the MRC people suffer from extreme forms of
stage fright.

In light of this exchange I am starting to lean towards Roy's opinion
that this is a waste of time. The standard will be equally fine without
any mention of collection and retention for self-regulatory purposes at all.

Regards,

 Walter