Re: explicit-explicit exception pairs

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 4:20 AM, Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org> wrote:

> On Thursday 03 May 2012 13:27:17 Shane Wiley wrote:
> > Disagree on granularity.  If I say "the 3rd parties I work with = '*' "
> > then it is defined and consent has been reached.
>
> I also forgot to mention that in 5.2.2, a party can declare which other
> domains are "the same party". But at the same time, a party can not declare
> which are the third parties? Isn't this the same granularity? Wouldn't it
> be
> sufficient to count all the parties and declare the same parties and the
> other parties as for 5.2.2 a site would have to distinguish them anyway?

As we discovered on the call last week, I think a lot of us have issue with
the new text introduced into 5.2.2... I don't personally place much stock
in that. Personally, I have no desire to try to list what origins comprise
my first party, it's a potentially unbounded set. (think things like
username.googleuserdata.com, or the complexity that arises each time I add
a new TLD, e.g. google.search)

-Ian