RE: ACTION 124

Lee,

Not any more than it already does today.  Many publishers self-serve ads once they reach scale if the economics make sense to them (Facebook’s model is already completely 1st party, for example).

- Shane

From: Lee Tien [mailto:tien@eff.org]
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:29 AM
To: Shane Wiley
Cc: Jeffrey Chester; Amy Colando (LCA); JC Cannon; public-tracking@w3.org
Subject: Re: ACTION 124

I may be missing a nuance or two, but doesn't this incentivize shifting ads (and aggregation of tracking data) toward first parties?

Lee

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 22, 2012, at 9:16 AM, Shane Wiley <wileys@yahoo-inc.com<mailto:wileys@yahoo-inc.com>> wrote:
Jeff,

NO – if a 3rd party is serving the ad on Yahoo!, then DNT is observed (3rd party context).  What I called out is only when Yahoo! is both the server and recipient of an ad – then it has 1st party protection.

- Shane