Re: Deciding Exceptions (ISSUE-23, ISSUE-24, ISSUE-25, ISSUE-31, ISSUE-34, ISSUE-49)

Regulators in both US and EU now say that its both collection and use that's the problem.  The US regulators understand that the industry has implemented a wide-ranging first+third party data collection system (ad exchanges are good example of this).  We will see greater focus on collection in regulatory policy debates.

Jeffrey Chester
Center for Digital Democracy
1621 Connecticut Ave, NW, Suite 550
Washington, DC 20009