RE: ACTION-75: Write-up a hybrid of Do Not Profile and Do Not Cross-Site Track

If a site receives logs and does not process them in anyway  are they compliant with this issue?

JC

From: John Simpson [mailto:john@consumerwatchdog.org]
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 12:19 PM
To: Shane Wiley
Cc: Tracking Protection Working Group WG
Subject: Re: ACTION-75: Write-up a hybrid of Do Not Profile and Do Not Cross-Site Track

Clarifying questions:

Does this mean a 3rd party can collect and build a profile about my activity on a 1st party site, but cannot correlate it with data collected on another 1st party site?  Example: Adserve.com<http://Adserve.com> could collect data about my visit to News1.com<http://News1.com> and serve ads to me based on what I did on News1.com<http://News1.com>? Adserve.com<http://Adserve.com> could collect data about my visit to News2.com<http://News2.com> and serve ads there based on my News2.com<http://News2.com> activity, but could not combine those two profiles?