Re: Deciding Exceptions (ISSUE-23, ISSUE-24, ISSUE-25, ISSUE-31, ISSUE-34, ISSUE-49)

Not being an expert in frequency capping techniques, I must defer to those
in the group who are. But in the F2F I heard reasonable descriptions of
how frequency capping is possible without involving tracking (which yes, I
would define simply as cross-site correlation of data).

My point about justification of restrictions is that we need a two-way
dialog here. Not just a high wall that the industry must climb over in
order to continue doing business.

I'm not sure anyone around this table is individualy so adept at all the
needs and risks that they could unilaterally design a system that has few
unintended consequences either on privacy or BAU, or could accurately
estimate the cost/benefit from all angles. In such a complex situation,
small reasoned steps are best IMO, with implementation/deployment
experience helping us find the next step. So no, I do not support sweeping
all data uses off the table and then putting each one through the fire so
it can return.

I agree that David's proposal is very close to a working description and
mitigates some of the needed exceptions/exemptions (I'm not sure of which
term I should be using yet).

Thanks,
Bryan