From: Shane Wiley [mailto:wileys@yahoo-inc.com]
Sent: 05 December 2012 15:55
To: Mike O'Neill; 'David Singer'
Cc: public-tracking@w3.org
Subject: RE: ISSUE-187 - What is the right approach to exception handling &
ISSUE-185

Mike and David,

It makes sense to me that Site-Wide Exception calls occur from the top-level
domain (but can come with a list of domains under the 'same party' resource
and/or use wildcards).  For web-wide exceptions, we'll need to allow calls
to occur from within iFrames for the requesting domain.  For example,
AdNetworkABC should be able to produce an overlay on their ads requesting an
exception and if users grant the exception they should be able to register
that with the UA immediately (all while not requiring the user to leave the
current page and not requiring the 1st party to intermediate the
transaction).

- Shane