Re: Agenda for 06 December 2012 TPE call - V01

Hi Matthias,

I want to point out that there is additional proposed text for
ISSUE-153, which is on the agenda, but the agenda only mentions one
proposal. There is my own proposal, and then one from Walter.

"A UA that allows or enables other software to alter the DNT setting
MUST ensure that such alteration reflects the user's intent."

And Walter suggested this, which I could accept in lieu of my proposal:

"A UA MUST incorporate detection mechanisms for alteration of
DNT-preferences by third-party software (including third-party
UA-extensions and plugins) and MUST upon detection of such changes
verify with the user that they reflect the user's intentions. The UA MAY
provide the user with the option to ignore future changes in the
DNT-preferences or to automatically change them back to a user-set
preference."

-David