From: Adrian Bateman [mailto:adrianba@microsoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 7:17 AM
To: David Wainberg; Nicholas Doty
Cc: David Singer; public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)
Subject: RE: issues and questions in the latest TPE draft

On 29 August 2012 06:15, David Wainberg wrote:
> The issue is not conflict between two contradictory UI's or messaging
> presented by the site, but conflict (or redundancy) between the UI and
> message presented by the site vs a UI and message presented by the UA.
> I think there is consensus that the site should control the message around the exception request, yes?
> Assuming that's true, UA's should not be encouraged to also provide a
> UI, which is, I think, what the example does.

It's pretty unlikely that user agents will show UI completely controlled by the web site. Someone might be able to provide one but I can't think of an example where this is possible today. In fact, things are going in the opposite direction as we try harder to make it difficult for web sites to spoof users (imagine the web site that says "You've won a vacation - click Yes to accept").