Re: Issue-17, Issue-51 First party obligations

Shane, Karl, John,

No first party is able to cover the whole webtracking ecosystem all by
itself. A large part of the privacy risk is (to my opinion) within the
cross site 3rd party sharing of data. This causes intransparency to the
user and is beyond the contol of a user. DNT can be the opt-in mechanism.

If you want to address tracking across different branded websites within
an 1st party ecosystem, then a well known url may be a better mechanism
to explain the user how to opt-out of this, perhaps with a different
mechanism. The well known URL has been suggested in San Jose F2F.

Rob