Re: "cross-site"

Suppose a first party doesn't want third-party resources on its site, so it sends web server logs to a third-party analytics service instead of embedding a script or pixel. So long as the data transferred is data the third party could have collected under the outsourcing exception, this text would allow the practice.

At a higher level, this text is just another instance of the principle (shared by many around the table, I believe) that we should not be