Re: Summary of First Party vs. Third Party Tests

Kimon,

could you expand on the distinction between 1st & 3rd parties by European
regulators? This was one of the reasons why I argued against the distinction.
(to better align and make DNT usable in the EU context) So I'm really curious
here as this may be a game changer.

All,

there is the legal issue, but also the technical issue to transport the
information on who is a first and who is a third party to the user. The well-
known-location would have to reflect which parties have a legal relationship
to the owner of the requested URI/domain and what that legal relation is. As
things can get complex (Kai Scheppe from Dt. Telekom talked about 250
contributors) there is an issue of boundaries here that we have to solve if we
distinguish.

Best,

Rigo