RE: Issue-39: Tracking of Geographic Data

From: Amy Colando (LCA) <acolando@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 04:15:16 +0000
To: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
CC: "public-tracking@w3.org" <public-tracking@w3.org>
Is it perhaps the concept of across sites, over time? I think this is what Jeff is getting at too, when he talks about multiple data sources.

If ad network just uses the IP address that accompanies HTTP request to provide relevant content or ads, OK. If ad network remembers it in a profile it retain about you based on cross site activity, that is not OK, when DNT signal is sent (absent some other exception).

Yes?

Sent from my Windows Phone